Rejuvenating Chemical Peel Treatment at Tennessee Vein Center
Chemical peels are a popular and effective cosmetic treatment for achieving smooth, rejuvenated, youthful-looking skin.
We offer several types and strengths of chemical peels that are customizable to suit your unique needs and achieve your desired results.
Whether you're seeking to improve your skin tone, reduce signs of aging, or achieve a fresh, radiant complexion, chemical peel treatments offer a versatile solution for skin rejuvenation.
Continue reading to learn more about our chemical peels in Knoxville, including what they are, how they work, and precisely what they can target for you.
What Is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a non-invasive aesthetic procedure that involves applying a specialized solution to the skin's surface. This solution, typically made up of various acids or enzymes, gently exfoliates and removes the outermost layers of the skin.
A chemical peel aims to promote new skin growth that comes back healthier and smoother than before.
Chemical peels can be performed at different skin depths, from light to deep. Deeper chemical peels offer the most dramatic results but require more recovery before the results are complete.
In most cases, a few chemical peels may be required to reach your desired results.
We offer safe, effective chemical peels in our Knoxville office that can be done as a standalone procedure or with other aesthetic treatment options.
Types of Chemical Peels
Generally speaking, chemical peels are categorized into three categories: light, medium, and deep, depending on how many layers of skin are targeted.
We offer a wide variety of peels for many different skin-related issues on the face, neck, décolleté, and body.
Every peel is custom designed and built with complexity as each patient’s goals are addressed. We offer chemical peel treatments that penetrate different skin depths depending on your particular need.
The following chemical peel acids can be used by themselves or together to address multiple problems within one peel session:
- A trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peel with lactic, azelaic, and kojic acids will improve surface texture and brighten and even skin tone.
- Hydroquinone and Hydroquinone-free peels utilizing lactic, salicylic, citric, and kojic acid will combat pigmentation.
- A combination of lactic acid and TCA is specially formulated to treat aging skin and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting even skin tone and a clearer complexion.
We also offer a stronger combination of TCA and lactic acid to target weak capillaries, laxity, and wrinkles and a 6% retinol peel for pigmented, or photo-damaged mature skin.
What Does a Chemical Peel Do?
In short, the main goals of any chemical peel are to remove dead layers of skin cells and promote new and improved skin growth on the face.
The Chemical Peel Process
The chemical peel treatment process differs for everyone but typically involves the following steps:
During an initial consultation, our experienced team will assess your skin type, discuss your concerns and goals, and recommend the most suitable type and strength of chemical peel for you.
Before the treatment, your skin will be thoroughly cleansed and prepped. Sometimes, a pre-peel regimen may be recommended to optimize the results.
The chemical peel solution will be applied to your face, following precise guidelines based on the peel type and your skin's specific needs. You may experience a tingling or mild burning sensation during the application.
The duration of the treatment can vary depending on the type and depth of the chemical peel. Typically, it takes around 30 minutes to an hour for a chemical peel to be completed.
Chemical Peel Benefits
Chemical peels treat skin-related issues, including fine lines, wrinkles, and facial discoloration.
The main benefits of a chemical peel include
- Reducing the appearance of scars from acne, surgery, or injury
- Improving uneven skin tone, including discoloration from sun damage
- Treating active acne and decreasing the number of breakouts you may experience
- Improving the appearance of age spots, dry spots, liver spots, freckles, and dullness
- Helping with skin conditions such as rosacea, melasma, and hyperpigmentation
It is also important to note that deeper chemical peels can remove pre-cancerous growths, reducing your overall risk of developing skin cancer.
A Look at Chemical Peel Aftercare
After a chemical peel treatment, it is crucial to follow proper aftercare instructions to ensure optimal healing and maximize the results. It is important to remember that everyone's skin is unique, and individual aftercare instructions may vary.
Here are some general guidelines for chemical peel aftercare:
- Avoid touching or picking your skin, as it could lead to scarring or infection.
- Use a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser to wash your face with cool water. Avoid hot water and harsh cleansers that could irritate your already sensitive skin. Pat your face dry with a soft towel.
- Minimize sun exposure, especially during peak hours when the sun is strongest. Wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more, and seek shade whenever possible.
- Avoid hot showers, saunas, steam rooms, and activities that cause excessive sweating. Heat can irritate the skin and slow the healing process.
- Refrain from harsh skincare products, such as scrubs, exfoliants, retinoids, and acids, until your skin has fully healed.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- During the healing process, be gentle when applying products or makeup. Avoid excessive rubbing or pulling on the skin.
- Follow specific post-peel instructions as provided during your chemical peel session.
Contact us immediately if you experience severe or prolonged redness, swelling, pain, or signs of infection after a chemical peel.
How Long Does a Chemical Peel Last?
The short answer is that it depends on the chemical peel you receive and your skin.
Light chemical peels can last up to three months, while medium peels can last up to six months. For those who receive deep chemical peels, results can last years and sometimes be considered permanent.
Reinvigorate Your Skin with Facial Chemical Peel Treatment Near Knoxville
How you feel in your skin is important to us.
If you’re living with fine lines, wrinkles, red spots, or uneven skin tone, chemical peels may be your best aesthetic treatment option.
Our caring and compassionate experts are here for all your health, wellness, and aesthetic needs.
Schedule an appointment for a safe, effective chemical peel in Knoxville today to begin rejuvenating your skin and feeling your best again.
Chemical Peel Before and After Gallery
Are you considering a chemical peel treatment? Explore our before and after photo gallery below to see some of the refreshing results our patients have experienced with chemical peels.