Expert Dermatologist-Led Wart Removal Solutions
While more prevalent among young individuals, adults can also develop warts. These growths are contagious and can appear on any part of the body, often triggered by direct contact with the virus.
Common warts typically do not cause serious health consequences, but they can be socially embarrassing for many.
Sometimes, your body’s immune system will get rid of the wart on its own. This immune response does not always happen, though, and the warts may persist for long periods of time. When this happens, many seek professional medical treatment from a wart doctor.
What Causes Warts?
Warts stem from the human papillomavirus (HPV), infecting the skin's top layer. The virus thrives in warm, moist environments and can enter the skin through tiny cuts, abrasions, or weakened skin areas. Upon entry, the HPV triggers excessive cell growth, forming warts on the skin's surface.
Types of Warts
There are several types of warts, including:
- Common Warts: Rough, raised, often on fingers, hands, and knees.
- Plantar Warts: Found on the soles of feet, often flat with a hardened area.
- Flat Warts: Smoother, smaller, and can appear in clusters on the face, legs, or arms.
- Filiform Warts: Long and narrow, commonly on the face, neck, or around the eyes and lips.
- Genital Warts: Usually found around the genital and anal areas, caused by certain strains of HPV.
Symptoms of warts include:
- Raised, rough growths on the skin.
- Varying in size, from small to larger lumps.
- Rough texture with a grainy appearance.
- Sometimes featuring black dots (clotted blood vessels) within.
- No pain unless they're on pressure points like the soles of the feet (plantar warts).
Effective Wart Treatment
At Tennessee Vein Center, we offer various treatment options for managing and eliminating warts, including candida injections for warts.
Candida injection therapy involves injecting a small amount of heat-killed Candida antigen directly into the wart. This triggers an immune response, stimulating the body's immune system to recognize and attack the wart.
Over time, this treatment encourages the body to clear the wart. It's a relatively safe and straightforward procedure.
Antiviral drugs may be prescribed for severe cases caused by certain strains of HPV.
For all wart types, treatment choice depends on wart size, location, and other factors.
Advanced Wart Removal Options in Tennessee
Are you or a loved one struggling with bothersome or painful warts?
At Tennessee Vein Center, our specialized team offers advanced wart removal treatment options. Using cryotherapy and personalized approaches, we aim for smoother, healthier skin.
Trust our comprehensive care for the effective solutions you need sooner. Contact us today for expert wart removal options near Knoxville.