Free Screenings and Medical Consultations
We offer two options for your initial vein treatment appointment, a Medical Consultation and a Free Screening. A medical consultation is with Dr. Campbell and is billed as a medical office visit. A free screening is a visit with a Registered Nurse to discuss treatment options.
Scheduling a Free Screening
A free screening should be scheduled when the following are true:
- You have none of the indications for a medical consultation
- You have only spider veins (also known as telangectasias) of the legs, face, or other areas.
- You desire cosmetic treatment services utilizing VeinWave™ technology.
- You are in generally good health
What to expect during a free screening
- The evaluation is free – there is no charge to you and your insurance is not billed for an office visit.
- After a focused history and exam, we will address your concerns, explain the treatment and offer affordable treatment options.
- A screening examination of the legs with duplex ultrasound to determine if underlying reflux is present.
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions so you fully understand all aspects of your treatment.
- If desired, treatment can typically be started within a few days.
Scheduling a Medical Consultation – Office Visit
A medical consultation should be scheduled if you have any of the following:
- Bulging varicose veins
- Leg symptoms that may be a result of varicose vein disease
- Swelling in the leg(s)
- A current or a prior history of vein disease complications
- A history of vein surgery
What to expect during a medical consultation
- An exam and evaluation by the physician in regard to symptoms, concerns and findings as they relate to vein disease.
- For an examination of the legs, you will need to bring loose-fitting shorts or we can provide disposable shorts.
- A screening examination of the legs with duplex ultrasound
- An explanation of the vein disease findings and the treatment options by the physician.
- An explanation of applicable insurance benefits by our insurance experts who will work with you to maximize your benefits.
- An opportunity to ask questions so you fully understand all aspects of your vein treatment options.
We are providers for:
- BlueCross BlueShield
- First Health Network
- Golden Rule
- Great West
- Secure Horizons
- TriWest Healthcare Alliance
- United HealthCare
Apply Now »
Tennessee Vein Center provides our patients with office forms for your convenience. We recommend you print and fill the Patient Information and Medical History forms prior to your office visit appointment to save time. If your appointment is a free screening, please fill out the Free Screen Form prior to your visit. If there are medical records at another facility that are pertinent to vein treatment, you may also print and fill the Medical Records Release form.
Note: These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here.